This year I will be one of about a dozen bloggers for the 2012 Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon — right here in the heart of the Midwest!
The blogging program is called “Run. Write. Blog.” and provides an opportunity for folks training for the marathon weekend races to showcase their journeys and help promote this Cleveland landmark event. So what does this mean? As a participating blogger I will be specifically posting monthly about this event and my training…
I will be running the Half-Marathon portion of the race on Sunday, May 20, 2012.
This will be a major goal race for me and will provide a basis for my next training cycle, which I expect to begin in early 2012. I’m still working out the details for my training regime. In the meantime, here are some fun facts about the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, courtesy of their website:
• The event features not only the Marathon, but also a Half-Marathon (obviously!), a 10K, 5K and kids run.
• The 2012 race weekend will be the 35th annual year for this event, which began in 1978.
• The Cleveland Marathon is among the 50 oldest marathons in the country.
• The Half-Marathon was added in 2005 and the 5K in 2009.
• The Marathon course passes historic Cleveland landmarks such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland Browns Stadium, Playhouse Square Theater District, Great Lakes Science Center and more.
Be sure to check out the links to all of the runners who are a part of the 2012 “Run. Write. Blog.” program. And you can also follow the Cleveland Marathon via Twitter and Facebook.
Are you interested in being a part of “The Cleveland Experience” in 2012? Don’t wait. Race registration fees will go up on January 6. Register for the full marathon before then and receive a FREE early bird gift too!
*As a blogger for the 2012 Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon I will receive complimentary entry into the race of my choice, along with special access to pre and post-race events, in exchange for writing about my training for this event.-- Thank you for reading. Want more news on how to keep a healthy home and lifestyle? Stay connected by subscribing to my blog's RSS feed or by signing up to receive posts via email. You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.